In addition to sharing my tricks and methods for language learning, and my progress as I learn a new language every year, I have decided to also share with you. Today, I want to give more substance to that, by sharing my "Bucket List".
Just in case anyone is still unaware of what a "bucket list" is, it's a list of things you want to do in life before you "kick the bucket". Basically, it's all the things you want to do before you die.
Even though I'm just adding this list to the site today, I'm including some things that I've already done, because they were on my bucket list even before I took the time to write it down.
So... here are the things I want to do in life:
Since the main point of this web site is about language learning, I will list goals related to that first.
- learn Spanish
- learn Russian
- learn German
- learn French
- learn Polish
- learn Turkish
- learn Arabic
- Translate a conversation across two two languages without English
Travel goes hand-in-hand with language learning. And it should be no surprise that my interest in languages stems from my interest in travel. These are some of my travel goals.
- Travel to Lithuania with my father, to learn about our roots
- Visit all 50 states in the US (27 so far)
- Live abroad
- Safari in Africa
- Drive on the Autobahn
- Ride on the Trans-Siberian railroad
- Take a gondola ride through Venice
- See several famous sights around the word:
- Statue of Liberty
- Eiffel Tower
- Brandenburg Gate
- Sears Tower
- Big Ben
- The Colosseum
- The Kremlin
- The Grand Canyon
- The Hill of Crosses
- The Great Wall of China
- Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Mount Rushmore
- Niagara Falls
- Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio
- The pyramids in Egypt
- Gateway Arch in St. Louis
- The Space Needle in Seattle
- Visit every continent
- North America
- South America
- Go to Times Square on New Years Eve
- Go to New Orleans for Mardi Gras
- Go to Rio de Janeiro for Carnaval
- Go to the Victory Day parade in Moscow
- Go to La Tomatina in Spain
- Go to Oktoberfest in Munich
Other various goals
And beyond travel and languages, there are several other things I want to accomplish in my lifetime.
- Achieve zero debt
- Create a successful blog
- Have my photography published (coming this summer!)
- Bench press 225 lbs
- Learn to fly a helicopter
- Bungee jump
- Drive a porsche
- Learn to salsa dance
- Earn a living outside of an office
- Appear in a movie (even as an extra)
- Compete on the game-show Jeopardy
- Sell an iPhone/iPad app in the iTunes store
So, that's a start. I'm certain there will be more. And you'll be able to follow along with me at any time by clicking bucket list in my site nav.
Want to see my favorite language resources and courses?
I listed them here.
One of the most popular and comprehensive online language courses is currently running a massive Back To School sale on all their language courses and levels.
60% OFF - 4 DAYS ONLY
(they have gift certificates too)LEARN MORE